From floods to wildfires, the dangers and costs of climate change are clear. So is the need for action. Now.
The Liberal government is taking action to address climate change. Action that benefits the planet and your family.
Our plan combines a price on pollution with cash rebates.
Every Albertan Will Receive a Rebate Every Year
With our plan, 8 in 10 Canadians will receive more money in rebates than they pay. This is fact, confirmed by the independent Parliamentary Budget Officer.
The more you reduce your emissions, the better off you’ll be.
Your rebate will be:
- Over $440 for a single adult
- Over $660 for a couple or single parent and a child
- Over $770 for a family of three
- Over $880 for a family of four
- $111 for every additional child
Money Collected in Alberta Stays in Alberta
Every penny collected through the price on pollution in Alberta will benefit Albertans and the Alberta economy
- 90 per cent of the money collected in Alberta will go directly to Albertans through cash rebates starting April 2020. Every single Albertan will receive a rebate.
- 10 per cent will fund energy efficiency projects for Alberta small businesses, schools, nonprofits, hospitals, Indigenous communities and more.
- Pollution pricing in Alberta goes into effect Jan. 1, 2020
- Rebates will begin April 2020, when you file your taxes.
Pollution pricing and rebates. Just one part of our climate action plan.
- Making a record-setting investment in the Green Line LRT
- Doubling the amount of protected nature in Canada
- Investing in green technology, energy and jobs
- Supporting energy efficiency
- Cutting emissions from government buildings and vehicle fleets
- Making zero-emission vehicles more affordable for Canadians
- Putting all our TMX revenues towards clean energy
- And more